Burbank police investigates the death in the 700 block of E. Providencia on Friday morning, Oct. 12, 2012.

Burbank police investigates the death in the 700 block of E. Providencia on Friday morning, Oct. 12, 2012. (Raul Roa/Staff photographer / November 7, 2012)

The homicide shooting last month in which a 43-year-old man was murdered outside his Burbank home was “not a random act,” police Sgt. Darin Ryburn said Wednesday.

Burbank police have remained tight-lipped about their investigation into the death of Antwan “Tony” Haroun, who was shot multiple times outside his apartment building just before 11 p.m. on Oct. 10 as he returned home from work.

No suspects have been identified and no arrests have been made, according to Ryburn.

“It’s a murder investigation so there is a lot of work,” he said. “We’re using all our law enforcement utilities to conduct the murder investigation.”

A neighbor described hearing four gun shots echo through the stairwell. He hunkered down and locked his place, and soon after, said he hear “blood-curling screams.”

After being shot, Haroun was transported to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

He was described by a neighbor as a barber who enjoyed barbecues on his porch with his wife, children and large extended family.

The shooting death was the first homicide in Burbank since early 2009, when there were two murders -- one in January and one in February.

-- Alene Tchekmedyian, Times Community News

Follow Alene Tchekmedyian on Google+ and on Twitter: @atchek.