Motorists can expect another round of closures this week on the Golden State (5) Freeway as Caltrans continues to work on the $355 million Empire interchange construction project.
Through Friday, workers will remove concrete pavement and vegetation on the southbound 5 freeway, as well as relocate utilities, state transportation officials said.
The following closures will take place:
- Up to three lanes in both directions of the 5 freeway between Olive Avenue and Hollywood Way from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Buena Vista Street on-ramp and off-ramp in both directions from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound Burbank Boulevard (westbound/eastbound) off-ramp from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The northbound Burbank Boulevard on-ramp will be closed permanently through the fall of 2016 starting Tuesday
- Southbound Burbank Boulevard (westbound/eastbound) on-ramp and off-ramp from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound Scott Road on-ramp from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The northbound Walnut Avenue on-ramp is also closed permanently
- The southbound Scott Road off-ramp and the southbound Victory Boulevard/Lincoln Street on-ramp are closed permanently and will be integrated into the new Empire interchange, slated to open mid-2016