RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

Barack Obama

Barack Obama
A collection of news and information related to Barack Obama published by this site and its partners.

Top Barack Obama Articles

Displaying items 49-60
  • Op-Ed: No challenge too great or obstacle too high

    César Chávez believed that power resides not in the few, but in the many. With shared sacrifice and effort, no challenge is too great and no obstacle too high. He taught a generation of Latinos and other Americans that each of us had the skills and...
  • Schiff hails legislation for DNA collection of those arrested for felonies

    Schiff hails legislation for DNA collection of those arrested for felonies
    Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Burbank) on Monday hailed the bipartisan support of a bill that would award grants to states that start programs to collect DNA samples of people arrested on suspicion of violent felonies. The legislation, which is headed to...
  • Bob Hope Airport safe from sequestration cuts, so far

    Bob Hope Airport safe from sequestration cuts, so far
    Bob Hope Airport will avoid the impact of $85 billion in automatic federal spending cuts that are slated for midnight Friday -- a move that officials warn will force a scale back in operations at airfields across the nation. A last-minute huddle between...
  • Hatred doesn't belong in church

    There were many reasonable answers to the question of church and homosexuality ("In Theory: The church and gay lifestyles," Oct. 28), but a few spoke of it as if it were an illness to be cured by prayer, rather than an immutable trait, such as eye color....
  • Homeless veterans need housing help

    I share L.A. County Supervisor Mike Antonovich's joy at the placement of 1,200 homeless dogs over the past several years ("Political Landscape: Antonovich stands up for furry friends," Nov. 11). I hope he can do the same for homeless people, especially...
  • Political Landscape: Ramani: Gatto is aloof

    Representatives for Republican Assembly candidate Sunder Ramani are arguing that his opponent is dodging opportunities to participate in debates ahead of the June 8 runoff election to represent Glendale, Burbank and parts of Los Angeles. Ramani...
  • The Whiteboard Jungle: Tuition is not main hurdle for most community college students

    The Whiteboard Jungle: Tuition is not main hurdle for most community college students
    What does $1,400 buy nowadays? One year of cellphone service with T-Mobile, one year of television with DirecTV, or one year’s tuition at a California community college — for 60% of students, that is. The other 40% pay no tuition. Which is...
  • Letter: On the true form of the government

    Re: “The president's veto power is alarming,” Mailbag, Jan 24. First a history lesson for the writer. The only democratic government in history was ancient Greece. We live in a constitutional republic in which the federal Constitution is the...
  • 818 Roundup: GCC reacts to Obama's free community-college plan; Schiff to House intelligence committee

    818 Roundup: GCC reacts to Obama's free community-college plan; Schiff to House intelligence committee
    Good morning, 818! Today is Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015. Temperatures for today are expected to reach a high of 69 degrees and a low of 52 degrees with a 50% chance of showers in the evening, according to the National Weather Service. Here are your local...
  • Around Town: The twists and turns of 'The Interview' controversy

    Leave it to the Canadians to get us into trouble on Christmas. Seth Rogen, a Vancouver native, is a co-director and star of “The Interview,” a film that was pulled from its Christmas Day launch. The premise of “The Interview”...
  • Locals react to Obama college plan

    Locals react to Obama college plan
    President Obama this week made national waves with the announcement of a proposal to offer a free community-college education to students who prove they are on track to earn credits and graduate. His plan piggybacks on what the state of Tennessee has...
  • Thoughts from Dr. Joe: A deeper look at the Kobani dilemma

    I was a hawk, raised by members of the greatest generation, but the Vietnam War cured me of that infliction. I understand the precipitous nature of war and if you’re a good student of history, the ills of capitulation are readily discernible. The...